BYOB : Orange Creamsicle Makes 10 popsicles
Rich, creamy and packing an orange punch; these homemade popsicles take coffee to another level while bringing all the nostalgia.
By. Mia Simone Rush
1 medium sized orange
10 ounces coconut ‘sweet creme’ creamer
1.5 ounces fresh squeezed orange juice
4 tablespoons light brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
⅛ teaspoon orange zest* (optional)
Ten cavity, 3-ounce silicone popsicle mold & wooden sticks
Brew: Coffee can be made 1 day ahead using your preferred brewing method. Store in a glass jar or any airtight container; keep chilled.
1. In a medium bowl combine coconut creamer and orange zest*.
2. Pour about an ounce of mixture into popsicle molds. Cover and freeze until partially solid, at least 3 hours. This ensures you’ll have a distinct layer between cream and coffee.
3. Stir orange creme coffee, brown sugar, squeezed orange juice, vanilla extract in a large bowl or pitcher until sugar is completely dissolved.
4. Taste and feel free to add more sugar or vanilla if needed.
5. Evenly divide mixture into popsicle molds. Cover and insert sticks.
6. Freeze until solid, about 6 hours although it’s best to let them set overnight.
7. To release popsicles, dip mold in warm water.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Special Note: No time for layers, no problem! Combine coffee, cream, brown sugar, orange juice, vanilla extract and orange zest*. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Divide evenly into molds, cover and insert sticks. Freeze until solid.