Homemade Coffee Spice Scrub Recipe
It's officially grilling season and its all about the seasoning! We’ve got the perfect simple rub for beef (and it can be used on other meat as well).
Chicago French Press ground coffee really compliments the richness of the beef and can be used to rub steaks for savory and slightly spicy flavor. And in addition to being used as a seasoning for steak, coffee can serve as a steak tenderizer and make the meat extra-moist.
- Small Bowl
- 2 tablespoons, Chicago French Press Original Blend ground coffee
- 1 tablespoon, dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon, smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon, sea salt
- 1 teaspoon, black pepper
- ½ teaspoon, garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon, onion powder
Tip: There are a number of varieties of paprika and they range in flavor from sweet and mild to pungent and hot.
- Place the coffee grounds, dark brown sugar, smoked paprika, sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in a bowl. Mix with your fingers to make sure there are no clumps.
- After making the coffee rub, place it in an airtight container and store it for as long as a month.
- Rub spice sparingly on the beef, wait for 20-30 minutes and prepare to grill meat.